Position: Finance Officer - Closed
Location: Impanuro Girls Initiative Office in Kigali, Nyarugenge District
Employment Type: Full time
Expected time to start: Immediately
Length of contract: 1 year inclusive of 3 months probationary period with possibility of renewal
The Finance Officer is responsible for the financial health of our organization by managing our financial procedures. Your duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits, monitoring transactions, and preparing invoices.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and systems. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
● Create and implement financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
● Assist in the preparation and planning of budgets.
● Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
● Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes.
● Contribute to financial audits.
● Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
● Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
● Prepare balance sheets ● Reconcile bank statements
● Advise on the organization’s fundraising strategy
● Ensure fundraising complies with relevant legislation and is bound by effective financial systems and controls
● Prepare and present budgets for new or ongoing work
● Advise on financial implications of strategic and operational plans ● Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
Qualifications and skills/Knowledge required:
● Below 29 years
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
● One year of work experience in the aforementioned field
● Proven technical skills in using accounting software (QuickBooks)
● Proficiency in computer literacy (Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Fluent in English (both oral and written) and good knowledge in Kinyarwanda
● Ability to work with a team and independently to manage tight deadline ● Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
Interested candidates are required to submit the following documents not later than May 15th, 2023:
● The updated CV highlighting relevant areas of your prior experience
● The Cover letter
● Professional portfolio would be highly appreciated but it is optional
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director of Impanuro Girls Initiative (IGI) and shall be submitted only via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Finance Officer”
We strongly encourage women and people with disabilities to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.